The XVIII INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF ICPIC is quickly approaching and many of you will need to make accommodation plans and reservations for your stay in Madrid. You can find the relevant information on the Spanish P4C Center conference page and ICPIC websites but please keep in mind that it is up to you to arrange your booking.
The Organizing Committee has arranged special accommodation fees with two university residencies. Rooms are available from Sunday June 25th (in time for the preconference seminars).
We have reserved rooms in each residency, however due to specific regulations of companies that manage the residences they cannot yet be booked. The Erasmus Residence will only be open for booking from early March and The Luis Vives Residence will only be open for booking from late January. To ensure that you will have a place in the residencies once bookings open, please complete this interactive Housing reservation form now and email it to the organizing committee of the conference at XVIII.ICPIC.Conference@uam.es to put your name on a list for a room. Reservations will be made on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
These are the Two University Housing Options:
The Erasmus Residence: Estimated price 40-44€ a night (We have reserved 50 rooms.)
- Comfort Twin Studio (one or two person with en-suite – in different configurations).
- Continental breakfast included
- On campus – 7min walk to the conference venue
- Erasmus is offering a 10% discount if you book a room directly through their website once bookings open (see further information below). Estimate final price after discount: 40 €.
The Luis Vives Residence: 30 € a night. (We have reserved the right to book 20 rooms (10 male and 10 female rooms).
- These are shared rooms (2 person) with common bathroom in the hallway.
- Rooms are same gender.
- Continental breakfast AND dinner are included
- Off campus – 35min by train or 27min by car
Once the residencies open bookings, we will send everyone who sent in a form requesting a reservation an email along with clear booking instructions and a code, letting them know that it is now time to go to the university website and book the room.
In Summary, the process for booking university housing is:
- Jan 1st – March: Complete this Housing reservation form and send it to the conference organizing committee at ICPIC.Conference@uam.es to put your name on a list for a room for the dates you want.
- When booking opens: the conference committee will send you an email to remind you to book your accommodation on the University housing website. Clear instructions on how to book will be included.
- It is your responsibility to then go to the University housing website and book the room.
What are my accommodation options outside the university?
Because the Erasmus and Luis Vives Residencies only offer ICPIC a limited number of rooms, you may need to look for other accommodation arrangements once the residencies are full. You may also prefer to stay downtown and enjoy Madrid.
Hotel Escuela is a good option which is really good value for money, and is 35 minutes walking distance to the conference venue, or 10-15 minutes by bus, or 7 minutes by car.
If you wish to stay in Madrid’s city center, we recommend that you look for hotels in the Puerta del Sol area. There are many hotels which offer a wide range of prices. The most convenient way to get to the conference venue is by Suburban Railway: a 25 minute ride from Puerta del Sol to Cantoblanco-University.
Finally, please bear in mind that during the week of the Conference Madrid will also be receiving a huge amount of people from all over the world since Madrid will be hosting World Pride Events. Needless to say, the sooner you make your booking arrangements, the better.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to the conference in Madrid.
Félix García Moriyón
on behalf of the ICPIC organizing committee and ICPIC Executive