The Routledge International Handbook of Philosophy for Children
FOR RELEASE ON DEC. 23RD, 2016
Order your copy now here
This rich and diverse collection offers a range of perspectives and practices of Philosophy for Children (P4C). P4C has become a significant educational and philosophical movement with growing impact on schools and educational policy. Its community of inquiry pedagogy has been taken up in community, adult, higher, further and informal educational settings around the world.
The internationally sourced chapters offer research findings as well as insights into debates provoked by bringing children’s voices into moral and political arenas and to philosophy and the broader educational issues this raises, for example:
- historical perspectives on the field
- democratic participation and epistemic, pedagogical and political relationships
- philosophy as a subject and philosophy as a practice
- philosophical teaching across the curriculum
- embodied enquiry, emotions and space
- knowledge, truth and philosophical progress
- resources and texts for philosophical inquiry
- ethos and values of P4C practice and research.
The Routledge International Handbook of Philosophy for Children will spark new discussions and identify emerging questions and themes in this diverse and controversial field. It is an accessible, engaging and provocative read for all students, researchers, academics and educators who have an interest in Philosophy for Children, its educational philosophy and its pedagogy.